Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday 12 July 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Annoying...

Being pregnant brings a whirlwind of emotions and changes that simply can't be ignored. There are plenty of things that I wouldn't miss out on for the world, while there are other things that I wouldn't mind missing, and still other things that are just plain annoying and could go at any second and I wouldn't be upset in the slightest.

Things I love about being pregnant:

1. Knowing that my son or daughter is living inside me comfortably.
2. The feeling I get knowing that I am providing everything my baby needs to grow and develop into a real little person.
3. Seeing our little one on the ultrasound, watching it move around.
4. Watching my husband go through stages of pure excitement, pure fear, and pure happiness.
5. Getting everything ready for the baby, buying cute little outfits and such, preparing for our lives to change to accommodate our little baby.

Things I don't love about being pregnant:
1. The mood swings... holy cow. I have NO control whatsoever over my emotions. I cry during commercial breaks or because we are out of milk. I laugh uncontrollably at lame jokes. I get irritated SUPER easy and poor Nic takes the brunt of it!
2. That I don't yet look pregnant really, just fat. It does quite a bit to your self image in the beginning.
3. I'm gassy. Whether I have indigestion and am constantly burping or whether it's coming out the back end... I have gas all the time and it's really really gross and embarrassing.
4. I'm tired ALL the time... I'm definitely ready to have my energy back.
5. I'm always hungry. And I REALLY REALLY REALLY want Taco Bell, which isn't in the UK unfortunately.

Things I am Super Annoyed by:
1. My boobs are really sore and I can't get comfortable while sleeping... it can be a really big pain when you are exhausted but can't get comfortable. Yes, I know this is only going to get worse.
2. I have to pee every two seconds. I can go a MAXIMUM of 3 hours before I have to go again. Seriously. It doesn't matter how much I drink... I have to go regardless. I've always had a big bladder, so this is a new thing for me.
3. I'm impatient about some things and don't like surprises... I want to know what sex the baby is NOW and I can't.
4. My hair grows really fast, I shave my legs and literally 8 hours later I'm prickly again. Annoying.
5. Something will sound really good to eat and then you spend some energy making it and it then it isn't what you wanted and you end up making something else instead. I can't tell you how many times I've spent like an hour making lunch or dinner and then ended up having cereal and fruit because I changed my mind and wanted that instead. Picky taste buds are annoying.

Ok... that's my list for the moment, or at least for the first trimester. Today I am 13 weeks along and I'm moving into my second trimester. I should hopefully get some of my energy back and not have to pee so much... I'm looking forward to that. :)

1 comment:

Momma said...

Love your lists! The beginning of many more to come. Wish I was with you to see your tummy growing! Congrats on becoming e-bay junkies...your Papa will be proud! LOL

Love you all!