Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday 14 September 2008

This is the life!

Nic and I have been having a great time lately... we've been busy, but we have been enjoying it.

I have now been working for about two and a half weeks and I am so happy to be doing so. It is so great to be contributing and doing more than just housework. It was a great experience but I'm certainly happy to be back in the working world. It definitely helps conversational matters some around here... I think Nic is happy to have a break from hearing about what happened on Desperate Housewives and my woes with the washing machine. At least there are some interesting stories to tell now. This week at work is going to be a little bit crazy for me seeing as there will be only half the staff (literally) in the office. I already have stuff sitting on my desk waiting for me... it's been on my brain since Friday. Oh well, it will get done when I get there.

Nic is due to have an interesting week at work as well... he is renewing his offshore certifications this week. He had his physical on Friday and is doing his survival courses Mon-Wed this week. It's pretty much the same as the last time he did them in Louisiana, only they are supposed to be a little bit harder for the North Sea than they are in the Gulf. For those of you who didn't hear about it last time he did it, basically it's a course on first aid, safety procedures etc. and includes an almost amusement park-ish ride in a crashing helicopter. They strap you in the helicopter and then dunk it in the water and you have to get yourself out... a few times. I think it would be really fun, but it's practical too. At least now I know that if the helicopter were to crash (God forbid) he'd be able to get himself out if he was still conscious.

Let's see... what else are we doing? Wednesday is our meet night with the Aberdeen Scoobies, and then this weekend is the camping trip with the same crew. We are still really looking forward to that- especially since now Ian and Jacqui have offered us their tent! We had left ours in the storage unit in Houston and were planning on buying a cheapy one here... but now we don't have to! YAY for great friends. We went out with them both Saturday and Sunday (Saturday was Ian's birthday) and today (Sunday) we met them in town for tea (dinner). They are really fun to be around and we always have a good time. We also walked around town a little picking up little things here and there (like cookware for the camping trip).

On another note- my grandparents got the internet this weekend! How exciting/cute is that?! I'm so proud of them for trying new things and am glad to have another way to communicate and keep in touch with them now.

I just heard the dryer buzz so I'd better switch over the laundry- it's been a busy week and the clothes have been piling up. I still have two more loads to do before bed and haven't started ironing yet.... I'm dropping the ball.

No comments: