Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday 4 June 2008

What a waste of time...

Nic and I went to the bank again for like the 5th time to try to get me added to the account. We figured that since I was on the lease for the house this time we could use that for address verification purposes. So, I got dressed up and felt pretty confident this time when we went about going to the bank. We got there and did a few things (we made a deposit, changed the address to the new house) and then asked that I be added to the account. She asked for proof of identity (passport-check), proof of our relationship (marriage certificate-check), and address verification (lease agreement-check?!). We then were told that the lease agreement was not valid enough proof that I too lived here. What? My name is on there, right beside his... how is that not proof? They said that I HAD to have a bill in my name before they could add me. We were told that a lease agreement would work, and I do believe that is how we opened the account for Nic in the first place. It's really frustrating for me, especially since I don't have a debit card for the account here and I am the one who pays the bills. So, I came home today a little sad about it, and paid the BT bill and the electric bill for the other house using Nic's Maestro card that he so graciously left behind for me. Oh well, what can you do? I have to call the people for the council tax in Aberdeen (since we were using the other one that is for Westhill I guess) and see if I can get added to that so that they'll send me a bill. Who knew I'd actually want a bill in my name. Good grief.

No comments: