Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday 18 July 2010

Goodbye Sexy Lexi...

So after much thought and discussion, we've decided to sell my Subaru and get a more family oriented car. We've been thinking about doing this since we found out we were going to expand our family, but just loved Lexi too much to really consider it. For those of you who know us, you'll easily understand why we've deliberated for so long... for those that don't- we're semi-obsessed with Subaru's and absolutely love both of our cars (Nic owns one as well, I bought him one for Christmas in 2008). While we'll still have his STI, I'm going to be sad to see Lexi go... she's been a great car for us. However, we've been cramped on the trips to Wales, have paid out the rear end for road tax (425 a year! OUCH!) and insurance, and petrol. Sure, we could drive more economically, but who wants to do that when you've got the power and that lovely burble in response? Anywho... we spent today car shopping for a replacement and finally found one that we both could agree on (since Nic still takes my car to work every day, he had a big say on what we'd be getting... or should I say WOULDN'T be getting. Lol).

We've pretty much decided on a 2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDI SE. It's a wagon which is really nice, since there is a ton of room in the boot/trunk area for all of Liara's gear... even after you get our large stroller in! In the trunk right now, it's a bit cramped once the Quinny is in there, but in the Passat there is room for loads of other baggage too. The backseat is super roomy too... I can actually stretch out my legs and there's really room for another person, not just another child. It's pretty good looking too. The one we found is silver and does have a large scratch mark on the front passenger door, but they will be repairing that before we drive it home, which is nice. Plus, that doesn't effect the warranty (which still has a year left!). Since it is a diesel, we'll get awesome gas mileage (40-60 mpg... hooray!) which will be a huge help, especially on long trips. We were looking at the size of the fuel tank as well and it turns out we could get to Wales and back on one tank! That's super nice.

On top of all the perks already stated... we're getting it for the same price as what we pay for the Subaru, but it will have cheaper insurance, cheaper road tax (ok.. I've already mentioned that), cheaper fuel costs (that too...) AND they're throwing in GAP insurance and a sealant for the paint and interior of the car (good for 3 years), as well as 2 years free servicing. Nice. PLUS, what is really exciting is that we aren't upside down in the Subaru! They are actually giving us 600 pounds more than what we owe on it. Woo Hoo!

I'm excited! I loved Sexy Lexi but I have a feeling I'm going to love this car too... now all I need is to sign the papers and come up with a name! :)

1 comment:

B said...

I always hate saying goodbye to my cars (I've had a couple totaled :/), but I always end up loving the next one!

Plus, it's great you got such a nice deal!