Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday 30 August 2009

The Halfway Point

Yay! I'm halfway there... I'm 20 weeks pregnant today and I'm so happy.

I had this whole blog planned out last night while I was up rocking myself trying to get my back to stop hurting, but I've forgotten most of what I was going to say. Chalk up another one to pregnancy brain. I was laughing at myself the other day because I had gone to visit people at work and couldn't for the life of me remember what I did with my phone. I was going to call Nic to tell him I was on my way over there (I drove the car to the park and ride, then rode the bus in) and knew that I had the phone in my hand right before I left the house. I figured I had left it in the car and didn't worry about it too much. Then, after my visit and lunch I headed back home so that I could go to the grocery store... and found out that my phone was not in the car. So I drove home and tried to retrace my steps. I found my phone (yes... my mobile) on the phone charger for the house phone. The house phone was right beside it... waiting patiently for it's turn. Why I put it there, I don't know. This isn't the first stupid thing I've done (I've put my keys in the fridge, washed NUMEROUS loads of laundry without remembering to put the soap in, tried to cook things without turning the oven on, called people then forgetting why I called... etc). Hopefully my mind will come back eventually.

I was just reminded of one of the things I was going to talk about... the lovely back pain associated with pregnancy. Oh my gosh. I've hurt my back before, back in high school. I had to go get massages/see a chiropractor/got horrible migraines/had a physical therapist that worked with me etc... and all I can say is that pain was nothing compared to this. It's almost as if my bones and muscles have decided they don't want to be friends anymore and now refuse to work together. For the last week and a half now, I've been averaging all of 2 hours of sleep per night. Yes... TWO. It's annoying to no end. What's crazy is that I'm less upset about the lack of sleep as I am about the freaking annoying backache that just won't quit. It doesn't matter what I'm doing... I can be sitting, standing, stretching, laying down... it doesn't matter. It's there. Sometimes I can ignore it and it's ok. Then other times it's so bad that I'm nauseous and want to cry. Nick has been laughing at me a little bit because when it starts to hurt I begin to rock myself from side to side or in a circular motion because sometimes that keeps it at the annoying stage. Probably 85% of my day is spent this way... rocking. I don't even realize that I'm doing it anymore and will look over at him and he'll be doing it too so I notice. I talked to my mom about it... apparently she had the same problem because as soon as I said my back was hurting she instantly started in with the "oh, honey... I'm so sorry. I know what you mean" talk. She recommended getting one of the pregnancy back support things so I've ordered it and am not so patiently waiting its delivery. I'm praying it will get here before we leave for Wales on Thursday.

Our 20 week ultrasound is on Thursday and I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the baby again... it's something that I'm really looking forward to. Since we've decided not to find out the sex, this will be our last ultrasound so I'm hoping the lady is a little slower this time and we get a really good look. I'm also hoping that our baby measures up ok and that everything is fine in there. The doppler that we bought really has helped me to relax quite a bit because I can check at home (even though I don't really need to anymore since the baby kicks to let me know that it's alive in there). I just can't wait to see it's little face again and watch it moving around in there. I thought I might second guess myself about finding out the sex but I'm not at all. I really am excited about waiting now.

I don't remember what else I was going to write about... but if I remember I'll come back and post it.

No comments: