Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday 24 April 2008

Ready to GO!

So the past few weeks I've really been dreading the whole packing process. I am not in the mood to move again at all (the actual moving part, I'm ready to be there) seeing as how we've moved so many times in the past year. We moved from the apartment to our house in July, the house to the first hotel in Aberdeen in October, from that hotel to the Pitmedden hotel in November then into this house in December. Then in February we moved all the stuff from our house in Houston to the storage unit. Now we are getting ready to move again and I just don't wanna. This move won't be that difficult, we've got plenty of people that are going to help out (4 friends have volunteered... how nice is that). Oh well... it will be done and once the new house is set up it we won't be moving again for at least a year (and even then it will only be to another house here in Aberdeen).

We finished pulling out all the money from the ATMs today, it's definitely a relief to have it all where it needs to be now. Nic has to go to drop off the lease and checks tomorrow, I can't wait. We were playing with all the cash last night and having a great time. Nic ended up rolling it all up and putting a rubber band around it (ala drug dealer style) and thought it was hilarious. We're so easily amused.

We can't wait to get into the new house! This one is starting to have sewage issues (EWW!!), we think due to the fact that the crazy farmer next door ran off the road and ran over the spot where the sewage pump thing is (on top of dropping hay on our car and breaking the back door of the car). We're just being careful about it and counting down the days until we move. We notified the leasing people about what happened and they haven't done anything or sent anyone out so we are just hoping the system holds out until we move.

I cannot wait to get back to work... sitting on my butt all day isn't too good for the figure if you know what I'm saying. I've definitely put on a few pounds and it's driving me crazy. I worked out for about an hour yesterday and I am SO very sore today. Everything hurts, I guess that's a good thing though. We are supposed to go play tennis with Stavros and Fiona sometime this weekend, and I'm hoping to go to the park again.

I was going to take pictures of the bunnies outside yesterday but it started to sprinkle when I remembered and they weren't out. I'll see if can catch them today. On the subject of animals- I'm starting to worry about my pheasant friend. He usually is out in the yard at around 11 or so and he hasn't been out there at all this week. I'm hoping he isn't as stupid as the other pheasants around here (they stand in the middle of the road and don't bother moving when a car is coming). Hopefully he'll be back and was just taking a mini-vacation somewhere.

1 comment:

Clinton & Katharine's Wedding Website said...

You sound so much like me when it comes to the animals that live around you. There used to be this great big beautiful spider that had a web in the corner of my carport at our old apartment for like 2 months, and then one day it was gone and I made up all kinds of stories about what happened to it.

Good luck with the move. I know it is a big hassle, but you will be so happy when it is over. Clint and I will be going through the same thing come this summer when we move cross country. Plus, I have to be at work until the end of August, but our lease ends at the end of July, so I'll be crashing with family and friends for a month living out of a suitcase while the rest of my stuff is in another state.