Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday 2 August 2010

Feelin' Good

The past few weeks have been horrible, but things are looking up now! We finally decided to hire a solicitor (lawyer) to help us with Liara's visa issues and she's been wonderful. Hopefully, with her help, things will go smoothly and we can get the necessary evil over with sooner and we won't have to stay in the US by ourselves! Hooray! Fugro has been wonderful and is picking up the tab for her services, double hooray! With all the added expenses regarding her visa and the new car, etc... we didn't know how we were going to swing that, so I'm really happy with Fugro right now.

So, now that the immigration situation is under control, I'm in full swing to get ready for our trip home. I've been doing dishes and laundry and trying to get the house in order (no one likes to come home to a messy house!) before we leave. I'm doing my best to leave the packing until Wednesday or Thursday, but I've been tempted every day to go ahead and get it done. Oh, I've called the airline to check to make sure everything is all clear for our trip as well (like to reserve the little basket for her to sleep in on the plane... they supply them for you free of charge if you ask in advance!) and found out that Nic and I aren't sitting together!!! WHAT?! They have me sitting in a section that doesn't have seats in front of it (so that I can lay the basket on the floor... makes sense) but there are already people sitting next to me on all sides (I'm in the second seat in the section) and the closest open seat is directly behind me. BOO. Hopefully I'll sit next to someone really nice with no children themselves and they'll swap seats with Nic.

Other than that, there isn't really a whole lot going on here... just the usual stuff. We finished filming a few missing shots for the National Geographic show this weekend with Graham, Pauline, Bob, and Dave (well... Nic did, Li and I are still not in this show, I don't want her on TV quite yet). It was good to catch up with them, but man, I miss Vinnie and his crew- they're so quick! We spent pretty much all day Saturday (6 hours) filming about 30 seconds worth of stuff... but Liara was perfect and was so super quiet the whole time. As soon as we were done, she was her usual noisy self again though. She's a pro at this filming stuff! Sunday, we took Pauline and Graham to visit with Mike at Bowtech (SUCH a nice guy!) and then headed over to Costco to pick up a few things. I'm so grateful for that place, even though it can get expensive because you always end up buying more than you go in for... they carry some American stuff that we can't get anywhere else here (like proper marshmallows and popcorn). I can't wait to get back to the USA on FRIDAY!!!

Ok, I need to go finish the dishes and make some lunch before Nic gets home for his break... plus, Liara is getting tired of playing by herself (she's getting really good at that, but only for like 10 minute increments). I hope everyone else is having a great week! :)

1 comment:

B said...

YAY! So glad to see some positive things going on for you guys! You had a rough couple of weeks there for a bit!

And BTW - "twat sticks" is still making me crack up on a daily basis! Hahaha.