Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday 23 April 2008

Moving Money

For those of you who don't know yet, Nic and I are moving into a different house on the 1st of May. We are really excited and can't wait to actually get into the new house. It has a TON more room and it's less than a mile from the office. It will be nice to be closer to town, we'll probably get out and about more once we don't have to drive so far. Don't get me wrong, I have loved living in the country- it was a welcomed break from the city life back home. Anyway, here are a couple pictures of our soon to be new home. I'll post more when we actually get the keys and start moving in.
This is the front of the house. You don't actually enter the house through the front door, it's off the road a bit.
Here's the back of the house. There's a garage and a shed to the side which will be great for storing all of Nic's project stuff. The back door has an etched window of a bagpiper which I love, I'll definitely get a picture of that up soon.

The only downside that we've come up with about the new house is that the leasing company doesn't take visa! We have all of our money (well about 90%) in our U.S. bank accounts still and have been using our debit cards to pay for everything. So now we are pulling money out of the atm like mad men to get the rent and deposit into our UK account. This will be so much easier once Nic's direct deposit comes into the UK account.

Nic finally got started in making his flight arrangements to get to California to judge the MATE competition. He'll be there for a few days, I don't think I'll be going after all. Right before that he might be heading to Norway for a few days for some sort of meeting about the simulator for work. We'll see how all that goes, I'm a little out of the loop myself about his travel plans.

No comments: