Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday 6 August 2009

Sleep Deprivation or Sleep Preparation?

I haven't been able to sleep right all week and have noticed a pattern in my new sleeping habits. I am able to sleep for about 3 hours before I wake up (either because I have to pee or my hip hurts or I've realized I'm on my back or stomach). Then I can't fall back asleep until about 5 hours later. Then I'm back asleep for about 3 hours and up again for another 5. So basically, I'm still getting 9 hours of sleep a day, just in broken segments. I have tried to break this habit by having a warm glass or milk or a cup of decaf tea, reading a boring book, watching a movie I've seen a million times, just laying there staring at the ceiling... all to no avail. I now have a new theory- could it be that I'm on the same schedule as my baby? I wonder if the little person in there is awake or asleep and wonder if that's why I'm not able to sleep too. Babies usually sleep more than that though, so I'm wondering what the deal is.

On a different topic- I've decided that I don't want to find out the sex of the baby until delivery day. Well... about 98% decided anyway. The more I think about it, the more I don't want to know. I'll go into it in detail later, but as for now, I'm waiting for Nicolas to call me to let me know how his presentation went (he should be done for the day any minute) and then I'm off to bed, for it has been all of 5 hours and 12 minutes since my last nap and I'm knackered ;)

1 comment:

. said...

You are a super cute pregnant lady!! I think sleeping is harder when you are pregnant then when you have a baby. It is just soo hard to get comfortable with a belly. If you are a stay at home mom, you will be surprised by how much sleep you get once you have your baby. There is always time to nap during the day.